Welcome to Richard Pantlin Ltd
I am a leading expert in English Adult Social Care systems working at national policy level and with commercial IT suppliers. I also specialise in developing innovative social care concepts through to operational readiness.
Here's why innovation is necessary:
English Adult Social Care is a £20billion-plus sector. And it is going through a long slow crisis.
The population is ageing, with a longer period of terminal ill-health - especially dementia.
People with a wide range of Learning Disabilities also need and expect life-time support and are living much longer.
So demand is growing steadily while governmental funding is reducing – and already available only to the most needy, in terms of care and finances.
Traditional support networks of family, friends & community are under strain as our society has become increasingly atomized, consumerist and job-driven.
At the same time, there is a new and growing movement to re-establish fresh human networks which can be enabled with modern internet and communications technology valuing social contributions from all – even those needing support or approaching the end of their lives.
I spent 15 years engaging with Department of Health policy and delivering commercial information systems to local authorities that allow them to manage caseloads & finances within DH constraints. As a successful freelance consultant since September 2011, I am committed to using my experience to improve social care systems for the benefit of all of us.
Whether you are in a local authority, the NHS, a social enterprise or the private sector, I can help you shape and implement new IT and business processes.
My skills include:
- Commercial business management
- IT systems & web design, development, procurement, testing & implementation
- Project & Programme Management (PRINCE II)
- Adults & Children’s social care across England, Wales & Scotland
- Creative business plan development
- Presentation, sales & marketing
- Workshop facilitation
- Partnership & team building across multiple profit & not-for-profit stakeholders
- Strategic consultancy, situation analysis and problem-solving
- Systemic coaching & mapping of organisational dynamics: